Too many names, really, was what he wanted to say, but the blond merely nodded in positive acknowledgement instead at the other’s insistence. Kneeling down nearest the cage himself, his head tilted to the right, with a hand extended out to let his fingers in the holes without any intent to actually touch them. Turning to glance at Nine with a hint of childish innocence gleaming through his gaze, he stifled his laughter at the sight.
He hadn’t ever seen somebody stick their tongue out at the fledglings before. “They’re just startled, that’s all. Sometimes, the soldiers kick the cage, though…”
The blond peeked his head up a bit more in interest at the calling of his name (particularly without the familiar –san that tended to follow), but any joy he felt over being remembered was soon taken away from him once again. Class 0 was pretty special, after all, but he wished often that he was more normal. Just another cadet that didn’t like him or thought he’d use that status as a position of authority. He didn’t even care, really.
“I wasn’t trying to boss you around.” He stated, returning his gaze back the birds now nestling against his hand. “I just get worried about them. They get treated badly enough by people who think they’re just tools in the war.” But with the way Miyu runs me around saying I can handle all of the Milites’ onslaughts… Nevermind that. “I’m sorry.”
"Kick tha’ cage? Now see, tha’s jus’ plain’ fuckin’ rude. These lil guys could get really hurt like tha’. I could see why they wouldn’t wanna trust any o’ us, yanno?" Nine huffed; partially offended by the birds that bit him as well as the pathetic soldiers abound who would even think about hurting them.
Bending back down to their level, he made sure not to ouch any of the little critters lest they try and peck him once more. However, he was pleasantly surprised to see how ecstatic they were to flock by Ace. He could tell that his schoolmate was exhausted but not physically, especially if the look that he carried was any indication. Slapping a hand on his back, Nine couldn’t help but laugh.
"I ain’t take any offense ta it, oi. Ya ain’t need ta be so quick ta ‘pologize. ‘Sides, I’m not nearly as gentle as I probably coulda been o’ whatever." Shrugging, he just went about observing how Ace interacted with the chocobo chicks and snickering every few moments. "Ya really do like these lil guys, ah? Are they easier ta be ‘round than tha’ others?"
He cast a meaningful look over to the caretakers who were whispering to each other until Nine caught them in the act. Once again, his tongue darted out, and yet he felt the need to press his thumb against the tip of his nose and wiggle his fingers. The caretakers weren’t pleased, but it made him laugh some more so he didn’t really think anything of it.
Sometimes people in the Peristylium were such hard asses.
- Them resting together and talking to each other before falling asleep. Bonus if one half gets the other to run their hand through their hair and down their back.
- Forehead touching.
- Stroking one’s head in that way where their hand lingers on their cheek or jaw, and giving them a soft smile.
- Slow, shy kissing that eventually just ends up being really calming and nice to both of them.
- One person doing or talking about something they enjoy greatly whereas their partner just stares at them with a small smile and slight laugh because wow what a cutie their partner is.
- Hugs around the waist from behind and nuzzling their neck while talking as casually as ever.
- Forehead kisses.
- Playful arguing that leads to playful, harmless elbows shoving into their sides while they laugh at each other and themselves.
- Gazing up at the night sky while laying down on theirs and pointing out different stars and holding hands and shifting closer to one another.
it’s gonna end
「 B L O O D Y 」
for all of us.
that’s just how it’s g o t t a b e .
|*steals the strawberries and holds them at ransom*|
"I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS DAMMIT!!"
|I SAW A LIST OF AUS AND ONE WAS "YOURE THE DRUMMER IN MY BROTHER'S BAND AND I FIND YOU HOT" AND I JUST THOUGHT OF NINE BEING IN A BAND WITH EVAN IN SOME BIZARRE AU I DIDNT ASK FOR THIS|
Y E S S S S S!!!!!! But then if Evan were to find out something happened the band will be destroyed and he’d probably turn Nine into meat ribbons and so many a fangirl would be sad and who wants that
( Deathless, Catherynne M. Valente (via tessa-and-scott) )
THE MARVEL FANDOM HAS COME FULL CIRCLE